This tutorial is about creating a text made of stone. It's a procedural text effect and the result is very interesting.
To generate it, you need to use this free stone text maker and configure it as suggested:
- Stone Style: choose the eighth option image;
- Text: stone (choose yours);
- Font size: Big;
- Margin: 5;
- Background color: 804000;
- Dark stone color: 404020;
- Bright stone color: 804000;
- Draw Shadow: checked;
- Shadow offset: 2;
- Shadow dispersion: 2;
- Shadow fade: 1;
- Font name: Earthquake MF.
Making this way, you get a very nice result (click to see it bigger):
- you can get different looks by configuring the shadow parameters;
- for the stones, always use very non-saturated colors, otherwise the results are less realistic;
- you can get many realistic stone/rock text effects by using this powerful free online stone text generator.
Is there a text effect you would like to see here? You can ask for it commenting here or sending me an e-mail.