It's a tutorial about creating a 3D text effect to pay a tribute to Darth Vader, one of the most interesting Star Wars characters. I hope this effect can inspire you.
You can create this one by surfing to this free metallic text effect generator and setting it as told below:
- Text: Darth Vader (choose your text);
- Font size: Big;
- Margin: 5;
- Background color: C00000;
- Font name: Alternity.
The above parameters are the ones that give you this result text effect (click the image to view in full size):
- I have used a dark metal material to create this one. It's dark and shiny at the same time, just like Darth Vader's armor is;
- if you want to try other fonts, always select a kind of tech font face;
- don't set a very dark background, or will not see the shadows. They are important to create a 3D look;
- you can get many awesome metallic text effects by using this huge set of free text effect generators online.
Is there a text effect you would like to see here? You can ask for it commenting here or sending me an e-mail.