This tutorial is to create a golden text that looks rougher than the worked and polished metallic texts you usually find here. It's a good option when you want a metallic text that seem to be more in original state.
Try it by going to the renderer that generates the golden text effect and configuring it as suggested:
- Text: brute gold (set as you wish);
- Font size: Normal;
- Margin: 3;
- Background color: 808000;
- Font name: Covington.
Doing this way, we can get this result (click to enlarge):
- you can get a nice image by choosing a white background too. Don't use a very dark back color, or the shadows outside the text will not be visible;
- the main reason this effects looks rawer is because it doesn't have a shiny polished 3D border;
- in this case, usually you get better results by setting a reasonably thin font face;
- if you prefer a brighter and more worked metallic effect, choose from these dozens of professional text effects options.
Is there a text effect you would like to see here? You can ask for it commenting here or sending me an e-mail.