This tutorial tells a way to make a very nice 3D fractal text effect with an interesting psychedelic bias.
You can generate this one by surfing to a free online 3D text maker and filling its fields like this (let the shadow items with default values):
- 3D text style: 6th option;
- Text: FRACTAL (type your own text);
- Font size: Big;
- Margin: 4;
- Background color: B080FF;
- Get as a transparent PNG file: unchecked;
- Font name: Yoshitoshi.
This instructions give us the text effect shown below (click to enlarge):
- this effect can be created with an anti-aliased transparent background (check the "Get as a transparent PNG file" item);
- if you want to try other backgrounds, it could be a nice idea to select a saturated color;
- in my opinion, the result gets better with fonts that don't have many smooth borders. Depending on the result you need, fonts with spliced letters could be a plus;
- you can create many 3D amazing colorful texts by using these free online 3D text effects.
Is there a text effect you would like to see here? You can ask for it commenting here or sending me an e-mail.