You will learn how to get a blue text effect with subtle top down illumination. It can be very eye catching with no exaggeration at all.
Let's start by going to a free online text effect, so you should configure its interface this way:
- Text: Blue Sky (set your own text);
- Font size: Normal;
- Margin: 3;
- Background color: FFFFFF;
- Font name: Comons.
So you get a text effect like this one (click to enlarge):
- I prefer this effect with regular font faces (despite it's a good idea to use fonts with serif);
- if you don't care about losing the text shadows, you can increase the illuminated look by setting a dark background. Below there is an example with black back color;
- this set of free text effects has a huge amount of options to create lightened or glow texts.
Is there a text effect you would like to see here? You can ask for it commenting here or sending me an e-mail.