This tutorial teaches how to create a very nice text effect. It's metallic and has an appearance like if it was a medieval piece. It looks rusty, but not too rusty, so it's like if it had been forged of a very good quality metal, but it's very very old.
To generate this effect, open the suitable free metallic 3D text maker, so configure it as listed next (keep the default shadow elements):
- 3D text style: 9th option;
- Text: Medieval (choose your text);
- Font size: Big;
- Margin: 4;
- Background color: FFFFFF;
- Get as a transparent PNG file: unchecked;
- Font name: Brinkmann AH.
If you made as said before, you created a very nice text effect as shown below (click to view in real size):
- this effect can be created with an anti-aliased transparent background (check the "Get as a transparent PNG file" item);
- this time I suggest you don't use a very saturated background;
- using the suggested 3D style is important to get a forged, worked metal appearance;
- I selected a font that helps us to get a "medieval mood", but you can try many other very nice font faces;
- you can make countless 3D metallic text effects by using these free online 3D text generators.
Is there a text effect you would like to see here? You can ask for it commenting here or sending me an e-mail.