It's about creating a nice horror text effect. This one even has splashed blood to create a more scaring mood.
To make the image of this tutorial, navigate to this free online 3D text generator and configure it this way (don't touch the shadow configuration):
- 3D text style: 6th item;
- Text: DEATH (type what you want);
- Font size: Big;
- Margin: 4;
- Background color: 600000;
- Get as a transparent PNG file: unchecked;
- Font name: Creepsville.
Making like suggested above, you create this great 3d text effect (click to see it bigger):
- this effect can be generated with a transparent background (check the "Get as a transparent PNG file" option);
- you can try other dark background colors. Pastel ones usually are too cute to be useful this time;
- the used font helps to create a scary atmosphere, but that online software have many font options, so you will find other horror fonts to play with;
- you can create many different realistic scary texts by using these free online 3D text effects.
Is there a text effect you would like to see here? You can ask for it commenting here or sending me an e-mail.